The general terms and conditions of Breakaway Weekender are a fundamental part of this booking agreement (booking registration form), Breakaway Weekender and purchaser, who are booking a package. Once a purchase is made via www.paypal.com or via bank deposits, it is considered that the purchaser has accepted the general terms and conditions.
If you are a non UK national, not a member of the EU or require a special documents (visa) you must obtain this or have a valid passport or other suitable document that enables you to enter the foreign country.
The passenger must respect the customs and currency control regulations of the visiting country, as well as of all countries he is travelling in. Should the passenger disrespect of these regulations and thus be unable to continue the travel, the passenger must entirely bear the consequences and costs, incurred from such a situation.
Breakaway Weekender is strictly an over 18’s event. Anyone under the age of 18 who has purchased a ticket will be refused entry – no refund is applicable.
Packages for Breakaway Weekender are only available from www.breakawayweekender.co.uk or via bank deposits.
Any packages purchased from any other sources will be refused entry to the events, and no liability will attach to the Promoter in such event.
All payments are non-returnable. Refunds will only be available if Breakaway Weekender is cancelled or entirely rescheduled. The performers and advertised attractions are subject to change, and no refunds will be offered if any performances are cancelled.
Deposit and instalment plan, is making an initial payment of £25.00 followed by subsequent payments or a final payment by Friday 1st March 2019. Please contact us for further information. All payments should be made fully by Friday 1st March 2019.
Any customers who do not fulfil payments by March 1st 2019, will incur a £20 late charge or lose their deposit – there are no refunds on deposits. Matching photo I.D. will be required for entry and collecting wristbands.
Changing the name on the ticket can only be administered by the promoter – and it is to the discretion of the promoter whether a name change is allowed. Please contact if you require a name change or for more information.
No name changing will be allowed after April 1st 2019.
There will be no automatic right of readmission should your wristband become lost or damaged.
The Promoter and venue reserves the right to refuse admission. There will be a random body search on admission policy in operation.
Breakaway Weekender maintains a zero tolerance policy for drug use, identity theft, and credit card fraud. The police will be working in cooperation with every venue at this event.
Persons attending Breakaway Weekender may be filmed, photographed or recorded as part of the audience. This media is owned by Breakaway Weekender and may be used for any promotional material. By attending the event you give Breakaway Weekender the permission to use this media.
The Promoters cannot accept liability for any damages, loss or injuries sustained at Breakaway Weekender, including loss or damage to property, how so ever caused.
E-Tickets and E-mail confirmations should be used in exchanged for wristbands at the official meet and greet on May 24th 2019.
Wristband holders are responsible for their wristbands for the duration of the event.
All wristbands remain the property of Breakaway Weekender until the end. Smoking is not permitted at any of the venues.
1. All deposits and final payments are to be paid by May 1st 2019. Failure to do so will incur additional charges and in extreme circumstances, forfeit your booking.
2. All payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. Please sign to confirm that you fully understand and accept that NO money will be refunded for booking cancellation or drop outs. Also that no money can be transferred from one person’s booking to another. Name changes have applied charges.
Breakaway Weekender Friday 24th - Monday 27th May 2019.
3. Breakaway Weekender management team will not be held responsible for accidents and/or injury occurring whilst on the weekender. On this basis we strongly recommend that you obtain your own private Medical and/or Travel Insurance Policy for the weekend.
4. You are solely responsible for your behaviour whilst your away. Please abide by the laws of the Portuguese at all time.
Where should you stay in Praia da Rocha, Portugal?
We recommend booking hotels as early as possible as prices will always go up. Booking.com one of the biggest hotel operators allows you to
get some of the best deals available. We have recommended some of the hotels that are within close proximity to all venues.
For further information please visit:
BREAKAWAY WEEKENDER PRIVACY STATEMENT
Whether you are viewing this through our website or mobile application we would like to welcome you to Breakaway Weekender. We care about being transparent not only with you but also as a company. It’s important to us that we give you as much choice and control over your information that we collect when you use our services. Our aim here is to explain how we do this and your rights.
How we collect information from you:
• If you register for one of our newsletters or request any advance information about our Events or services (such as access to pre-registration or early bird tickets), we will collect your name and contact details including email and possibly mobile number.
• If you make a purchase with us (whether for an Event ticket, Event package or any other goods and/or services) we’ll collect any information necessary to provide you with your purchase. We may also request emergency contact information, physical requirements about your health or similar sensitive information.
Promotions and Surveys
• Every now and again, we might invite you to participate in competitions, promotions or surveys. We’ll collect information, so you can participate in these and deliver the prize if you win: this will include details such as your name, age and email address and any other information you provide in connection with your promotion entry and/or survey response.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU INDIRECTLY
• If you contact us through one of our online forms, or our social media channels, by phone or email, we may keep a copy or record of that correspondence.
IP address and device information
• We will collect certain technical information about your device visits to our Platform and how you use the Platform. This may include your IP address, geographical location, device details such as your IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface), browser type, referral source, length of visit, operating system, number of page views and similar information. This information may be collected by a third-party analytics service provider on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies. For more details about cookies please see the specific section below.
Email Response Information
• We might collect information about how you react to the emails we send to you, for example, how many times you open the email or if you engage with its content (for instance, by clicking on any links within it).
Social Media and Information you post online and reviews
• We might collect information relating to any social media posts or comments you share online about our Events that are in the public domain.
INFORMATION WE GET FROM THIRD PARTIES
Ticket agents and service providers
• We will collect information about you from third parties that we work closely with, so we are able to deliver the goods or services you have requested. For example, we might work with a ticket rep who will sell you a ticket to our Event and also collect payment through bank transfer or cash. In those circumstances, they might give us your details, so we can provide you with access to the Events you bought tickets for, or other ancillary services. We might also use third-party companies to manage our payment systems or Platform, they may collect information directly from you on our behalf.
Our other festivals and live music events
• We might receive information about you (such as your name and email address) from other festival and event entities that we have partnerships with.
Signing in through Social Media
• When you register for an Event on our Platform, we might offer a quick registration option through your existing social media accounts. If you sign in through your social media account, we may get certain information (such as your profile name if register through your Facebook account) in accordance with your privacy settings on that social media site. You should read the privacy statements and check your privacy settings of those social media sites to learn how they treat your information.
Other third-party sites
• We might receive information about you from other third parties where you have agreed to them sharing your information with us for specific purposes (such as marketing).
HOW WE USE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may use your information for the following purposes: Service and Operational Purposes
• to provide you with your Event ticket or any other goods, services and information that you have requested from us;
• to manage your entry to our Events, including age and identification verification;
• to provide you customer service and support, deal with enquiries or update you of changes to our Events, our Platform or other services;
• we might contact you by phone to offer assistance if you have entered your contact details on our Platform to purchase our Events but have not completed your purchase;
• to improve and update our Platform and to make sure that content from our Platform is presented to you in the most effective and optimal manner (please view the specific Cookies section for more information);
• to carry out aggregated and anonymised research about general engagement with our Events, Platform and other goods and services; and
• to allow us to monitor access to, and attendance at, our Events for health, safety and security purposes.
• We may use your information for marketing purposes, either by email, SMS and/or phone. We will of course give you the opportunity to choose whether we contact you for marketing purposes and we will respect your choices at every stage.
• We may use your information to enable us to enforce our legal rights, and/or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees and/or other third parties.
WHO WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We might share your personal information with:
• selected third parties that we work with, so we are able put on the Events you love and choose to attend. For example, when you register to attend an Event we host, we might need to share your information with third party sub-contractors or service providers that help us to put on our Events (such as venue or security staff);
• other festivals and live music event organisers who we have partnerships with, if you have indicated that you want to receive communications about these;
• any other third party that you have indicated you are happy for us to share your information with for marketing purposes;
• prospective sellers or buyers of any business or assets if, we need to disclose information about people who attend our Events or use our products or services;
• any other third parties where it’s necessary to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or third parties, or where such disclosure is required by law.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT, SITES AND CONTRIBUTORS
HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW LONG WE KEEP IT FOR
• We use appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access or unlawful use. However, transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, which means we are unable to completely guarantee the security of information sent over the internet.
• We’ll keep your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us, to market to you (if applicable), to enforce or defend our legal rights, or in accordance with any legal obligations to which we might be subject.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES OVER THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
You have certain rights in respect of the information that we hold about you, which we value. These rights include:
• the right to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes (remember, you can unsubscribe from any marketing by clicking on the “unsubscribe” in any marketing communication you receive or contact us using the details below);
• the right to request access to the information that we hold about you; and
• if you believe the information that we hold about you is wrong, you can ask us to correct it. You may exercise your rights above by contacting us using the details below.
Your information is stored securely online. The information collected is for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes of identifying you, making contact where needed and completing your transactions between yourself and us. This information will not be passed onto any third party without your consent and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible the above stated purpose.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY AND COOKIES STATEMENT
We may make changes to this Privacy and Cookies Statement from time to time. We will post any changes to our Platform or notify you of any material changes by e-mail. Any changes will come into effect the next time you engage with us after the changes have been notified.